FETAC(QQI) Course code: 5M3351 – QQI Level 5, City and Guilds, Junior & Senior Trades
*This course would facilitate those wishing to pursue a career in hairdressing, barbering industry completing a range of professional, internationally accredited awards.
- Leaving certificate(or equivalent).
- No requirements for over 23s.
- Limited places allocated on interview basis.
Course details: Duration: 2 years, full time.
- Year 1 FETAC (QQI) level 5 Award in hairdressing.
- CITY & GUILDS of London international awarding body.
- Year 2 Diploma in Womens & Mens Hairdressing.
- Diploma in gents barbering.
- Junior Trades in Hairdressing Year 1
- Senior Trades in Hairdressing Year 2
Course director: Mary Ivers
Practical: *Please note all Practical units below include an online theory exam.
- Hair & scalp analysis
- Shampoo & condition
- Blow-drying techniques
- Setting & up-styling
- Temporary, low-lighting, cap & easi-meche
- Body-wave & perming techniques
- Cutting techniques Womens & Mens
- Intensive conditioning treatments
- Work Experience
- Hair science & Theory
- Client consultation
- Customer care
- Computer Studies
- Health and safety
Notes: Commercial salon experience (course requirement) will be facilitated in the college’s fully equipped student hair salon and work experience placement.
Year One – € 950
Year Two – € 400
The fees include:
- All examination and registration Fees
- Student hairdressing training kit
- Hairdressing Theory text book and log book