COURSE CODE: 6M4985
COURSE DIRECTOR: TBC
CERTIFICATION: QQI Level 6 Business
The Advanced Certificate in Business is a course providing the learner on completion with a wide range skills and competences to succeed in a career in the corporate world. Students and adult learners, with a flair for business, will find this course engaging as it provides them with an opportunity to build on their knowledge examining in depth subjects including Accounting, Marketing, Management and Entrepreneurship
This course is particularly suited to students who have already completed the QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Studies or an equivalent award and want to further develop their educational or career prospects or for people looking to embark on second chance education.
Upon completion graduates can avail of an advanced entry into a Higher Degree and Certificate Courses at University and Institutes of Technology.
Programme of Study
• Business Management 6N4310
• Communications 6N1950
• Applied Economics 6N4091
• Work Experience 6N1946
• Sales Presentation 6N3567
• Finance 6N4165
Marketing Management 6N4188
• Spreadsheets 6N4089
Components are subject to change.
Higher Education Progression
The full QQI Level 6 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
• Successful completion of a QQI Level 5 in Business or equivalent
• Applications from mature students will be considered
Business subjects, coupled with information technology, prepare students for a wide range of career opportunities at middle management level in Finance, Management, Self-Employment and the Public Sector.
Advanced Certificate in Business : Course Fees are €300 inclusive of materials, government levies and exams fees. Those with a valid medical card will incur fees of €50 only
- Courses providing add-on qualifications (Example: the provision of a Safe Pass course within a Construction related course) will incur extra fees to be confirmed by the College in due course
- Holders of a valid medical card do not incur QQI exam fees of €50
- Those wishing to avail of grant support are encouraged to apply without delay to SUSI at www.susi.ie