COURSE DIRECTOR: TBC
CERTIFICATION: ATI—Certificate for Accounting Technicians
The Accounting Technician Course is a practical route to a career in accountancy. Accounting Technicians are qualified accounting professionals who work at all levels of finance. Accounting Technicians are widely employed through-out the industry, the public sector, commerce and private accountancy practices. They are involved in the day-to-day practical work of accountancy and play a key operational role in producing reliable financial information.
Accounting technicians can perform a wide range of finance roles, from accounts staff to financial controller and beyond. They can do financial accounting and budgeting, costing and credit control, payroll administration and tax returns. More experienced Accounting technicians can often perform senior managerial tasks and audits.
Programme of Study
• Financial Accounting
• Business Management
• Law& Ethics
Components are subject to change
Higher Education Progression
Many who qualify as Accounting Technicians go on to continue their studies, using the qualification as a stepping stone to eventually become qualified professional accountants.
• The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Ireland (CPA)
• Chartered Accountants Ireland
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• The Chartered Institute of Management Accounts (CIMA)
• B.A. in Accounting (Hons) – WIT
• Leaving Certificate or equivalent
• Mature Applicants experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Direct Employment in the following areas:
Accounts Supervisor, Assistant Accountant, Audit assistant, cost assistant, credit controller and Payroll administrator.
From this course you can go on and do the Diploma for Accounting Technicians where you will gain experiential learning through employment.
Accounting Technician ATI : Course Fees are €930 inclusive of materials, government levies and exam fees. Those with a valid medical card, on Susi or BTEI will incur reduced fees of €730
- Courses providing add-on qualifications (Example: the provision of a Safe Pass course within a Construction related course) will incur extra fees to be confirmed by the College in due course
- Holders of a valid medical card do not incur QQI exam fees of €50
- Those wishing to avail of grant support are encouraged to apply without delay to SUSI at www.susi.ie