QQI Course Code: 5M5011
- Leaving Certificate (or equivalent)
- No requirements for over 23s
- Places offered following successful interviews
Successful graduates will be in demand for:
Tourism Information Centres
Visitor Attraction centres
Front Offices in the Service Industry
Graduates may also pursue their studies in Third Level Colleges such as DIT or WIT to study degree programmes in Tourism Marketing, Hospitality Management and Event Management through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
Aberystwyth University in Wales: this is an exclusive link which allows successful graduates of this course to continue their studies in the Adventure Tourism Management Degree or Tourism Management Degree in Aberystwyth.
Duration: 1 Year, full time
Award: QQI Level 5 Tourism with Business Award
Course Director: Fabienne Chapuis-Osborne
- Tourism Principles and Practice (Level 5)
- Tourism Information and Administration (Level 5)
- Customer Services (Level 5)
- Work Experience (Level 5)
- Database Methods (Level 5)
- Accounting Manual and Computerised (Level 5)
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised (Level 5)
- Word processing (Level 5)
- Communications (Level 5)
- Reception and Frontline Office Skills (Level 5)
€200 (payable to the college) for materials, Student Diary and Student Card.
€50 QQI Examinations Fees (exemption for medical card holders).
€200 Government Levy (exemption for full medical card holders, for those eligible under the student grant scheme and those in receipt of the Back To Education Allowance (BTEA) or Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) allowances).