QQI Course Code: 5M2464
Course Details:Duration: 1 Year, full time
Award: QQI Level 5
Course Director: Liam Sharkey
- Media Analysis
- Technical Skills for Journalism
- Film Production
- Legal in Journalism
- Research Skills for Journalism
- Writing Skills for Journalism
- Print Journalism
- Work Experience
- Script Writing
- Desktop Publishing
- Radio Programme Production
- Television Studies
- Film Studies
- Radio Broadcasting
- Ireland & the Media
€200 Materials fee.
€200 Government levy (exempt from paying if you have a valid medical card, if you are receiving a grant, on BTEI or VTOS).
€50 Exam fee (exempt if you hold a valid medical card).
- Leaving Certificate (or equivalent)
- No requirements for over 23s
- Limited places allocated on interview basis (May and September)
- The Media Industry has expanded significantly in recent years. This course is designed to facilitate students future careers working in the administrative, financial, journalistic and creative realms within the media industry.
- The Media Production Course is the only course in Ireland to produce Radio shows which are broadcast on a commercial radio station (South East Radio in conjunction with CM).
- The Media Production QQI Level 5 award allows students to apply through CAO to many Irish courses linked to Media.
- Enniscorthy Vocational College of further education have secured an official link with Aberystwyth University in Wales. This is an exclusive link which allows successful graduates of this course to continue their studies in Theatre, Film and Television Studies, along with Media and Communications Studies in Aberystwyth.
Enniscorthy Vocational College has an exclusive link with Aberystwyth University in Wales. Over 70 students have availed of the offer and have achieved their degrees. Links are associated with Media Production, Legal Studies, Sports & Recreation, Pre 3rd Level Science and Childcare. Each February Mid-term, Prospective students will go to Aberystwyth with Liam Sharkey to get a private tour of the facilities there.