QQI Course Code: 5M5011
Entry Requirements: Leaving Certificate (or equivalent)
No requirements for over 23s
Limited places allocated on interview basis – Following your application, contact Frances Roche in the International Academy Of Travel, Waterford Airport, to organise an interview. Tel: 051 843365
Employment Opportunities: Successful graduates will be in demand for:
Travel and Tourism related positions.
Graduates may also pursue their studies in Third Level Colleges such as DIT or WIT to study degree programmes in Tourism Marketing, Hospitality Management and Event Management through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
Aberystwyth University in Wales: this is an exclusive link which allows successful graduates of this course to continue their studies in the Adventure Tourism Management Degree or Tourism Management Degree in Aberystwyth.
This course is suppported by many leading Travel Industry employers throughout the world and graduates will be able to apply to Airlines and Travel Companies anywhere in the world as the content of the course is globally recognised.
Duration: 1 Year, full time
Award: IAOT Advanced Diploma in International Travel Studies
Amadeus Ireland GDS Certificate
QQI Level 5 Tourism with Business Award
Course Director: Fabienne Chapuis-Osborne
- IAOT FETAC(QQI)
- Cabin Crew Tourism Principles and Practice (Level 5)
- Travel Agency Skills Tourism Informatiom and Administration (Level 5)
- IATA Geography Customer Services (Level 5)
- Airline Reservation Sales Work Experience (Level 5)
- Airport Passenger Services Database Methods (Level 5)
- Ready to Check-In Computerised System Global Distribution System (Level 6)
- Ready to Book Computerised System Sales Presentation (Level 6)
- Interview Preparation Bookkeeping Manual & Computerised (Level 5)
- Amadeus GDS Word Processing (Level 5)
* QQI Modules are subject to change
Course Materials fee is €880 + €200 Government Levy.
€630 (payable directly to the IAOT) for all training manuals, training days on site in Waterford Airport. It also includes access to the Amadeus, Ready to Book, Ready to Check-In, Ready to Board computerised training systems.
€200 (payable to the college) for materials, Student Diary and Student Card.
€50 QQI Examinations Fees (exemption for medical card holders).
€200 Government Levy (exemption for full medical card holders, for those eligible under the student grant scheme and those in receipt of the Back To Education Allowance (BTEA) or Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) allowances).