FETAC(QQI) Course Code: 5M3471
- Leaving certificate (or equivalent) to include a science subject.
- Home Economics(Social & Scientific) will be accepted as a science subject.
- No requirements for over 23s.
- Places are limited and will be allocated on the basis of suitability at interview. Interviews will take place in May and September.
Duration: 2 year full time course.
Course contents: Intensive practical and theoretical training in various aspects of Beauty Therapy.
- Skin analysis & cleansing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Face masks, massage & make up
- Eye treatments
- Product knowledge
- Facial electrical treatments
- Aesthetics Theory
- Manicure & pedicure
- Body therapy theory
- Figure analysis
- First aid, salon safety
- Swedish massage
- Professional Ethics
- Body electrical treatments
- Hygiene & microbiology
- Indian Head Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (C.I.B.T.A.C).2. International Therapy Examination Council (I.T.E.C.).
- QQI Level 5 – Course Code 5M3471.
All examining bodies require that students reach a high standard of competence in all aspects of Beauty Therapy diplomas, therefore there is a strict attendance requirement which must be met in order to register for theory and practical exams.
Course Fees: €900 which includes the purchase of a kit+1 uniform to be retained by students. The cost of examinations, registration with professional bodies and necessary personal items are not included. €50 QQI Examination Fees (exemption for medical card holders). €200 Government Levy (exemption for full medical card holders, for those eligible under the student grant scheme and those in receipt of the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA) or Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme(VTOS) allowances.
Tel: (053) 9236969
Fax: (053) 9134934
Self-employed beauty salon owner salon employee spa, health farm or leisure centre employee mobile beauty therapist, make-up artist & skincare consultant, massage & body therapist, Cruise liner or in-flight therapist, complementary therapist, sales representative, department store & pharmacy assistant, product & equipment demonstrator, beauty journalism, teaching & training franchising.
Post Graduate Training:
With C.I.D.E.S.C.O., C.I.B.T.A.C. and I.T.E.C. Beauty Therapy Diplomas as a foundation, further studies can lead to qualifications in Holistic Therapy, Remedial/camouflage, Remedial Electrology, Spa Therapy.
Students who achieve these qualifications have the option of joining the Irish Beauty Professionals body and support structure for Beauty therapists, ensuring high standards throughout the Beauty industry.